- The Sound School Regional Vocational Aquaculture Center is an accredited inter-district, college preparatory high school, one of the 19 vocational agriculture centers in Connecticut, and a part of the New Haven Public School System.
- We are the first (full-time) center to concentrate on the study of aquaculture and marine trades.
- The Sound School's comprehensive educational program prepares students for a post-secondary life which may include, college, technical school, or entering employment upon graduation.
- Our curriculum includes extensive exposure to on-the-water and water related activities and coursework such as nautical drafting, marine research, aquaculture production, and vessel handling and safety at sea.
- Our New Haven students may opt to study the more traditional vocational agriculture program which includes courses in plant science, animal science, agriculture mechanics, and veterinary science.
- Located on the banks of New Haven Harbor and in historic Oyster Point,
- The Sound School boasts a five building campus with sweeping water views.
This is the ideal location for our unique high school program with its dual focus on marine and agriculture sciences and technology.